BS-IV compliant Royal Enfield Himalayan launched in India at Rs 2 lakh
With an increased focus on cleaner and more environmental friendly technology, automobile manufacturers were instructed to stop selling BS-III offerings in India. The ban on the sale of new BS-III vehicles also saw motorcycle manufacturers offer great discounts in order to get rid of the stocks. Royal Enfield has brought in the updated Himalayan with fuel injection to comply with the latest BS-IV emissions.
The Royal Enfield Himalayan was launched in India last year and it was expected to debut with fuel injection. However, the company had launched only the carburetted version. In our Royal Enfield Himalayan road test review, Shumi had mentioned, "With the crispness of a fuel-injection system, 10 more horses and a healthier sounding engine, the Himalayan would not just have been the best Royal Enfield of all, but it might have been the most purchase-worthy, drool-inducing premium motorcycle of them all in India." While Royal Enfield has updated the ignition of the Himalayan, the power and torque figures remain unchanged. The 411cc single-cylinder motor makes 24.5PS at 6,500rpm and generates 32Nm at 4,250rpm.
In addition to the Royal Enfield Himalayan, the Thunderbird 500, Classic 500 and the Continental GT are also equipped with fuel injection. The Chennai-based motorcycle manufacturer has also replaced the carburetted Standard 500 with a fuel-injected version. However, the Classic 350 and the Thunderbird 350 are still sold in carburetted version and complies with BS-IV emissions.
Dealers across the country have already started taking bookings for the 2017 BS-IV compliant Royal Enfield Himalayan. While one can book the motorcycle after paying a token amount of Rs 5,000, the deliveries are expected to begin by the end of May 2017. The updated Royal Enfield Himalayan with fuel injection is priced at around Rs 2 lakh wherein the prices have gone up by Rs 6,000.
Starts Rs 1,68,273
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works