BS-IV compliant Royal Enfield Himalayan launched in India at Rs 2 lakh
With an increased focus on cleaner and more environmental friendly technology, automobile manufacturers were instructed to stop selling BS-III offerings in India. The ban on the sale of new BS-III vehicles also saw motorcycle manufacturers offer great discounts in order to get rid of the stocks. Royal Enfield has brought in the updated Himalayan with fuel injection to comply with the latest BS-IV emissions.
The Royal Enfield Himalayan was launched in India last year and it was expected to debut with fuel injection. However, the company had launched only the carburetted version. In our Royal Enfield Himalayan road test review, Shumi had mentioned, "With the crispness of a fuel-injection system, 10 more horses and a healthier sounding engine, the Himalayan would not just have been the best Royal Enfield of all, but it might have been the most purchase-worthy, drool-inducing premium motorcycle of them all in India." While Royal Enfield has updated the ignition of the Himalayan, the power and torque figures remain unchanged. The 411cc single-cylinder motor makes 24.5PS at 6,500rpm and generates 32Nm at 4,250rpm.
In addition to the Royal Enfield Himalayan, the Thunderbird 500, Classic 500 and the Continental GT are also equipped with fuel injection. The Chennai-based motorcycle manufacturer has also replaced the carburetted Standard 500 with a fuel-injected version. However, the Classic 350 and the Thunderbird 350 are still sold in carburetted version and complies with BS-IV emissions.
Dealers across the country have already started taking bookings for the 2017 BS-IV compliant Royal Enfield Himalayan. While one can book the motorcycle after paying a token amount of Rs 5,000, the deliveries are expected to begin by the end of May 2017. The updated Royal Enfield Himalayan with fuel injection is priced at around Rs 2 lakh wherein the prices have gone up by Rs 6,000.
Starts Rs 1,65,331
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India