BS VI Mahindra XUV300 launched in India at Rs 8.30 lakh, will be available in petrol only
Mahindra and Mahindra has launched their first BSVI vehicle in the country, the XUV300. The company mentioned that the BSVI XUV 300 will be available on all its 1.2 litre turbo petrol offerings. The state of tune of this engine along with the design and features list has been left unchanged. The XUV300 Petrol W4 BSVI starts at Rs 8.30 lakh and goes up to Rs 11.84 lakh for W8 BSVI. This makes it Rs 20,000 more premium than the BSIV model. We believe the company will start deliveries across the country in this week.
The XUV300 is based on the SsangYong Tivoli as it is built on SsangYong's X100 platform but gets an all-new suspension set-up and steering system apart from other significant changes. It competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Venue and also the Tata Nexon in India.
"We are delighted to launch our first BSVI vehicle. It is a milestone in our BSVI transition journey. Despite tight timelines, we along with our suppliers, have met the challenging requirements of these tighter emission norms, much ahead of the stipulated timeline. We will progressively upgrade our entire range with cleaner emissions technology," commented Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Powertrain options include a 3-cylinder, 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder diesel. The BSVI compliant version of the XUV300 does not get any change in the power and torque figures. It continues to make 110PS at 5,000rpm and generate 200Nm at 2,000-3500rpm. The diesel variants of the XUV300 make use of the 1.5-litre unit that produces 115PS at 3,750rpm and generate 300Nm at 1,500-2,500rpm. The petrol engine is mated to a 6-speed manual whereas the diesel engine comes with a 6-speed MT as standard and an optional AMT unit.
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055