BS-VI Royal Enfield Himalayan launched at Rs 1.86 lakh
Royal Enfield updated its adventure motorcycle, the Himalayan to meet the upcoming emission norms. The motorcycle gets a BSVI compliant new engine along with many new features. The brakes have been worked upon which means decreased stopping distance and now comes with a switchable ABS, which was absent on the predecessors. The new Himalayan is equipped with a hazard switch, a safety feature required especially when riding long distances. As a matter of fact, the hazard light was present in the 2016 models but was taken off in the BSIV models. The new motorcycle also gets an improved side-stand that will make parking on any kind of terrains easier.
The Himalayan comes in interesting colour schemes and prices to differs with the colour one chooses. The Snow White and Granite colours are priced at Rs 1,86,811 (ex-showroom) . The Sleet Grey and Gravel Grey are available for Rs 1,89,565 (ex-showroom) and the newly introduced dual-tone colours Rock Red and Lake Blue will be available at Rs 191,401 (ex-showroom).
The new Himalayan is powered by a BS-VI compliant 411cc, single-cylinder now produces 24.3PS, which is 0.2PS less than its predecessor. Torque remains the same at 32 Nm. The significant change is the weight, it now weighs 199 kg, that is 5 kg more than the previous model.
The BS-VI Himalayan rivals the recently launched KTM 390 Adventure which is priced at Rs 2.99 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. It is also pitched besides the BMW G310 GS which has a higher price tag of Rs 3.49 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 1,86,811
Starts Rs 2,99,000
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender 4x4 bookings begin in India ahead of August launch, priced from Rs 69.99 lakh
- NewsNext-generation Ford Ecosport SUV to get Mahindra's mStallion petrol engine
- ReviewExclusive: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon first drive review
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055