BSVI-compliant Ford Ecosport SUV spotted testing
Spy images have surfaced of the BSVI compliant version of the Ford Ecosport SUV in India. The Ecosport's newly compliant engines are expected to be some of the first outcomes of the recently announced Mahindra-Ford JV.
The Ecosport's petrol and diesel, both, are expected to be upgraded to BSVI norms. The 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol makes 123PS and 150 Nm, while the 1.5-litre diesel makes a 100PS and 205 Nm. The 1.5 petrol can be had with a six-speed automatic, the petrol can be had with a five-speed manual. The 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol (available only on the S trim) puts out 125PS/170 Nm. However, this motor is unlikely to be upgraded to new regulations. It is expected that the Mahindra 1.2-litre three-cylinder turbo petrol with 110PS and 200Nm, as seen on the XUV300, will replace this engine.
Prices for the current Ecosport start at Rs 7.81 lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai, and go up to Rs 11.35 lakh for the S diesel. We expect these prices to increase by some margin for the BSVI versions. The Ford SUV competes with the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Mahindra XUV300, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Tata Nexon.
Image source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled
- NewsNext-gen Skoda Octavia to debut in India in Q2 2021
- NewsKia Motors to launch 7 new EVs by 2027, debut new design language
- NewsProduction-spec Skoda Vision IN to get 1.0-litre TSI motor, 1.5 expected too