BSVI Honda Dio launched, priced at Rs 59,990 ex-showroom
Honda launched the Dio scooter in India which is now BSVI compliant to meet the new emission norms. The scooter comes with a plethora of features and style updates. Most of the features on the Dio are taken from the recently launched Activa 6G, such as the patented ACG starter motor which ensures silent and jolt-free start and an integrated dual function switch for accessing the under-seat storage space and opening the fuel lid, which is now placed externally.
The scooter now comes with a new fully digital meter which gives details like real-time mileage, average mileage, distance to empty and due service, along with engine Start/Stop switch and passing switch. A side-stand indicator with engine cut-off prevents engine start while the side stand is engaged. The Dio comes with additional features like redesigned LED position lamp, new DC LED headlamp, split grab rail and a new logo.
The new Dio is powered by an 110cc, PGM-FI, fan-cooled, 4-stroke, SI engine that develops 7.9PS and 9Nm of peak torque. The Dio comes with a telescopic fork and a larger 12-inch front wheel instead of the 10-inch unit on the outgoing model and there is a 3-step adjustable spring-loaded hydraulic at the rear. The wheelbase has now increased by 22mm to 1,260mm.
Honda Dio gets a six-year warranty package with three-year standard and three-year optional extended warranty. The scooter is offered in two variants Standard and Deluxe, in a total of seven new colours. The price of the Standard variant is Rs 59,990, ex-showroom and the Deluxe is priced at Rs 63,340, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 59,990
- FeaturesElectric Dreams: NIO ES8
- FeaturesJeep Compass Trailhawk long term review: After 11,250km and eight months
- NewsSpec comparison: Bajaj Dominar 400 BS6 vs RE Himalayan BS6 vs KTM 390 Adventure vs Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsHero reveals 2020 Xpulse specs
- NewsFour F1 teams to potentially drop off the grid, according to McLaren's Zak Brown
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055