BSVI Jawa Perak Bobber launched in India for Rs 1.94 lakh
The Jawa Perak Bobber that was showcased a year ago has gone on sale with prices starting at Rs 1.94 lakh ex-showroom. The motorcycle broke cover last year with an ex-showroom cost of Rs 1.89 lakh. As the name suggests, the Perak caters to the motorcycle enthusiast who is out in the market to buy oneself an economic Bobber. Between last year's reveal and the launch today, the Jawa Perak has become dearer by Rs 5,500.
Tear-drop tank design, low-slung chassis, floating seat and minimum body panels hint are the basic styling cues of the Bobber that the Perak checks. The instrument cluster in the Perak has been borrowed from the Jawa and so are a few cycle parts.
The new flagship motorcycle gets a larger displacement than the other two, and mainly the Perak is the first BSVI compliant motorcycle from Jawa. Perak uses a 334cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that puts out 30PS and 31Nm of torque. The higher capacity is a result of a bigger bore on the Jawa's 293cc engine while keeping the stroke length same. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
For cycle parts, the Jawa Perak uses telescopic forks in the front and a monoshock in the rear. That also means that the Perak gets a swingarm design different from the other two motorcycles. For braking, the Perak comes equipped with a dual disc brake set-up with a dual-channel ABS - 280mm rotor in the front.
The Perak has been positioned in a niche space making it difficult to compare it with other motorcycles on sale in India.
Also see: BSVI Jawa Perak Bobber | First Look
- NewsBSVI Bajaj CT and Platina priced at Rs 40,794 and Rs 47,264 respectively
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hero Pleasure+ 110 vs Honda Activa 6G vs TVS Jupiter
- NewsFourth-generation Audi A8 L to be launched in India on February 3
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV launched in India, prices start at Rs 73.7 lakh
- NewsUnion Budget 2020 expectation: Removal of GST on Royalty payments to government, Vilas S Tawde, Essar Oil and Gas Exploration and Production