BSVI KTM 390 Duke and RC 390 launched in India for Rs 2.53 lakh and Rs 2.48 lakh respectively
KTM made news by updating its entire portfolio to meet the BSVI norms which will be put to force from April 2020. The line-up includes the 390 Duke, 250 Duke, 200 Duke, 125 Duke, RC 390, RC 200 and the RC 125.
Speaking of the BSVI KTM 390 Duke, it carries over the features from the outgoing model like ride-by-wire, slipper clutch, dual-channel ABS with Supermoto, TFT display and LED headlamps. Mechanically, the motorcycle stays the same and gets the same single-cylinder unit as before. The engine churns out a power of 43.5PS and torque of 37Nm. But the main highlight of the motorcycle is the addition of a bidirectional quickshifter which enables the rider to both upshift and downshift gears without the need of using the clutch lever.
The 2020 KTM 390 Duke will retail at a price of Rs 2.52 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. This means that the motorcycle will be dearer by Rs 4,716 than the previous BSIV model that it replaces. The 2020 390 Duke will come in two colours - silver metallic and ceramic white with new graphic designs. The BSVI KTM 390 Duke rivals the Bajaj Dominar 400, Benelli TNT300, BMW G 310 R and the Honda CB300R.
Moving to the 2020 RC 390, the supersport gets the same 373.3cc single-cylinder unit with a power rating of 43.5PS at 9,000rpm and torque of 36Nm at 7,000rpm, which is the same as the 2017 KTM RC 390. The price of the RC 390 is Rs 2.48 lakh ex-showroom, which is Rs 4,061 more than the BSIV version. The motorcycle will be made available in one paint scheme only. The BSVI KTM RC 390 will rival the upcoming TVS 2020 Apache RR 310, the Benelli 302R and the Kawasaki Ninja 300.
Starts Rs 2,52,928
Starts Rs 1,90,000
Starts Rs 3,10,000
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 2,41,000
Starts Rs 2,98,000
Starts Rs 2,48,075
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055