BSVI Mahindra XUV300 spotted on test near Pune - India launch soon
A BSVI Mahindra XUV300 was spotted on test on the outskirts of Pune, India. The sub-compact SUV did not sport any cosmetic changes and the interiors were identical to the current car on sale. The spotted vehicle was diesel powered which makes us believe that Mahindra's plan to cease diesel engine production is far away from being on the cards.
The Mahindra XUV300 with the BSVI engine is expected to be shy low on power, however, the trade-off is for cleaner air and the greater good.
The engine is expected to be the same 1.5-litre diesel engine mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The power figures could be around 115PS and 300Nm of torque. The Mahindra XUV300 could be priced a little above the current model - expect a hike of Rs 40,000-50,000 across all variants. Currently, the prices for the Mahindra XUV300 starts from Rs 7.89 lakh and go up to Rs 11.64 lakh.
A similar treatment is expected for the petrol variant of the Mahindra XUV300. The petrol variant produces 110PS and 200Nm from its 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine. The petrol variant also comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
Also see: Mahindra XUV 300 AMT First Drive Video
Also see: Mahindra XUV300 v Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon & Ford EcoSport Comparison Test Video
Also see: Mahindra XUV 300 First Drive Video
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh
- NewsGoodyear launches two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India