BSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
Skoda India head, Zac Hollis, has revealed over Twitter that the Czech-brand will launch an automatic gearbox option for the BSVI Skoda Rapid TSI in September this year.
We expect it to be the same six-speed torque-convertor unit that is available in the BSVI Volkswagen Polo GT. The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI motor in the Rapid makes 11oPS and 175 Nm. With the six-speed manual, this motor can return 18.97 kmpl.
Skoda India has launched the BSVI-compliant Skoda Rapid TSI sedan with prices starting from Rs 7.49 lakh, ex-showroom. This is for the base Rider trim. The variant list of the Rapid has now been expanded further with the introduction of the Ambition, Onyx and Monte Carlo trim levels.
The Ambition trim costs Rs 9.99 lakh, the Onyx comes in at Rs 10.19 lakh. The Style version costs Rs 11.49 lakh while the Monte Carlo costs 11.79 lakh. There are numerous paint options unique to each trim level. Further certain colours can be had with contrasting dark elements. Notable features are a new 8 inch Android infotainment system, a dual-tone leatherette interior for the Onyx and green-tinted glass. We expect the automatic version to command an approximately Rs 50,000 premium over the manual versions.
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood
- NewsKawasaki Versys 650 BSVI launched in India at Rs. 6.79 lakh