BSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S specifications revealed
With the BSVI emission compliancy deadline closing in, manufacturers are taking the necessary steps to meet the target. One such manufacturer, Yamaha is prepping its FZ and FZ-S to meet the new norms set by the government.
As suggested by the reports online, the BSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S will produce 12.3PS as opposed to 13.2PS made by the current motorcycles on sale. The BSVI compliant motorcycle sees a drop in power of 0.9PS. Other than the mechanical change, the dimensions of the motorcycle remain the same. The motorcycles will be powered by 149cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine that is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Picture of the BSIV Yamaha FZ-S on sale
We believe the BSVI motorcycle will be launched in the country by early 2020 and could be showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo scheduled from February 7-12, 2020. Expect minor styling tweaks and new colour schemes along with the BSVI updates.
Yamaha India officially stated that their BSVI compliant motorcycles and scooters could see a hike of 10-15 per cent, hence it is safe to assume the BSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S could see a price hike of Rs 7,000-10,000 when launched.
The motorcycles currently retail for Rs 96,680 and Rs 98,680 ex-showroom Delhi, respectively. Post-launch, the FZ and the FZ-S will continue its rivalry with the Suzuki Gixxer, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Honda CB Hornet 160R and the Bajaj Pulsar 150.
Image source - Indian Autos Blog
Starts Rs 99,200
Starts Rs 85,943
Starts Rs 1,11,871
Starts Rs 79,370
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- NewsSkoda Enyaq iV electric SUV revealed in design sketches ahead of September 1 reveal
- OpinionThackeray approaches Gadkari, he saves 400-year-old tree on the highway
- NewsTata Altroz, Harrier, Nexon and Tiago prices hiked, Tigor more affordable
- NewsUpcoming MG Gloster SUV teased ahead of launch, to get advanced driver aids
- News2020 Volvo XC40 now available with benefits of up to Rs 4 lakh