BSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S specifications revealed
With the BSVI emission compliancy deadline closing in, manufacturers are taking the necessary steps to meet the target. One such manufacturer, Yamaha is prepping its FZ and FZ-S to meet the new norms set by the government.
As suggested by the reports online, the BSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S will produce 12.3PS as opposed to 13.2PS made by the current motorcycles on sale. The BSVI compliant motorcycle sees a drop in power of 0.9PS. Other than the mechanical change, the dimensions of the motorcycle remain the same. The motorcycles will be powered by 149cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine that is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Picture of the BSIV Yamaha FZ-S on sale
We believe the BSVI motorcycle will be launched in the country by early 2020 and could be showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo scheduled from February 7-12, 2020. Expect minor styling tweaks and new colour schemes along with the BSVI updates.
Yamaha India officially stated that their BSVI compliant motorcycles and scooters could see a hike of 10-15 per cent, hence it is safe to assume the BSVI Yamaha FZ and FZ-S could see a price hike of Rs 7,000-10,000 when launched.
The motorcycles currently retail for Rs 96,680 and Rs 98,680 ex-showroom Delhi, respectively. Post-launch, the FZ and the FZ-S will continue its rivalry with the Suzuki Gixxer, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Honda CB Hornet 160R and the Bajaj Pulsar 150.
Image source - Indian Autos Blog
Starts Rs 99,200
Starts Rs 85,943
Starts Rs 1,00,212
Starts Rs 79,370
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055