BSVI Yamaha MT-15 showcased - likely to be launched January 2020
BSVI Yamaha MT-15 has been showcased and the Japanese manufacturer could possibly launch the updated street naked motorcycle early next year. With an updated engine that meets the emission norms, the MT-15 gets a new paint scheme called the Ice Fluo - Vermillion. Int he new paint scheme, the MT-15 gets alloy wheels painted in orange and the base colour on the body is in between silver and white with a matte finish. With a new paint scheme, the MT-15 now gets a radial tyre in the rear. Also, the MT-15 gets a side-stand engine cut-off sensor what kills the engine as it senses the kick-stand has been lowered.
Mechanically the MT-15 stays the same and continues to get same 155cc engine, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine. The company hasn't disclosed the specs of the motorcycle but we believe the BSVI MT-15 would get the same tune as the BSVI YZF-R15 V3 - 18.6PS at 10,000rpm and 14.1Nm at 8,500rpm.
However, the updated MT-15 still misses out on a dual-channel ABS and gets only a single-channel ABS. The braking setup includes the disc setup on either end. For suspension, the MT-15 continues to have telescopic forks in the front and a mono-shock in the rear.
The updates are expected to hike the price by Rs 6,000-8,000. And the company could offer the new colour scheme with a premium price - almost Rs 1,000-2,000 over standard models price.
The BSVI MT-15, when launched, will be pitched alongside the BSVI TVS Apache RTR 200 4V which is priced at Rs 1.24 lakh ex-showroom. Expect the BSVI Yamaha MT-15 to hover around Rs 1.40 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 1,10,388
Starts Rs 57,123
Starts Rs 66,430
Starts Rs 50,817
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055