Bugatti Chiron Grand Sport roadster rendered
Rendering of upcoming automobiles gives a fair idea (in most of the cases) of what to expect in terms of design and features. Like in this case, a Bugatti Chiron Grand Sport roadster. Something that might never see the light of the day. But then it doesn't harm anyone to imagine what a 1,500PS making open top beast of an automobile would look like.
The targa roof design on the Bugatti Grand Sport roadster should make it much more appealing than the regular version (Rendered image: Autoguide.com)
As seen from the images, the already exotic Bugatti Chiron has been given a targa roof design , reminiscent of the Grand Sport Veyron. To make this rendering into a reality, structural changes have to be made to the car's frame in addition to increasing its torsional resistance. Also, making a neat provision at the rear of the car to accommodate the targa roof. However, this might not go beyond the rendering as Bugatti marketing boss Stefan Brungs maintains a "no roadster or convertible" stand on the Chiron.
The Chiron derives all of its majestic force from a one of its kind 8.0-litre, quad-turbo, 16-cylinder W-configuration engine which puts out a whopping 1,500PS and colossal 1,600Nm of torque. The power is sent to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. The Chiron reaches 100kmph in around 2.4 seconds. The top speed, electronically limited of course, is 420kmph. With the limiter removed, the Chiron is claimed to be able to hit 463kmph.
Bugatti, as of now, has limited the production of the Chiron to 500 units, more than half of which have been sold. However, we expect more Chiron variants to follow with various suffixes, as had been the case with its predecessor, the Veyron.
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased