Bugatti Chiron teased, could make 1,500PS!
At a glance, the teaser video Bugatti has revealed for the upcoming Chiron is absolutely pointless. But when you finish watching the erupting volcanoes, surging oceans, fighter jets and sky divers, you get the impression that Bugatti has something truly awe inspiring set for debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show in March. Unfortunately, the company hasn't even given us a glimpse of the Chiron in the video.
Based on the spy pictures that have emerged thus far, the Chiron will cut a shape similar to the outgoing Veyron but will be based on the sharp looking Vision Gran Turismo concept that was unveiled earlier this year. Expect the Chiron to be a meaner looking version of the Veyron but without sacrificing luxury and cabin comfort
Spy pictures show that the Chiron will be sharper and angrier looking than the Veyron
In 2005, Bugatti stunned the world with its totally mental 8-litre W16 engine that breathed through four turbochargers and required 16 intercoolers to stay cool. The final Veyron SS peaked at 1200PS. Reports suggest that the Chiron will take that considerably further using a reworked version of the Veyron's W16. It will now feature direct injection and will be one of the first production cars in the world to use electric turbochargers, two of them. That means the standard two turbochargers will continue to be run off the exhaust waste gas while the other two will be electrically controlled. The result should be zero lag at low revs and massive boost above that. Again, this is just conjecture but the Internet seems to think the Chiron will produce 1,500PS and 1,500Nm. 0-100kmph should be sub 2.5s and there are whispers of a top speed above 460kmph. Gulp.
The Chiron will be based on cues from Bugatti's Vision Gran Turismo Concept that was shown at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show
If we go by the Veyron, the Chiron should provide all this while still being completely usable in the real world. After all, one of the parameters of the Veyron's testing procedure was that it could survive being stuck in a Tokyo traffic jam. Eleven years down the road, Bugatti appears set to wow the automotive world once more.
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review