Honda leads car and two-wheeler sales growth in FY 2013-14
The auto companies have revealed their sales reports for the fiscal year 2013-14. Here is how the two-wheeler and four-wheeler manufacturers fared during the fiscal year.
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI), has completed its most successful year with domestic sales of 37,21,935 units as compared to 27,54,685 units during the last fiscal year, which means an increase of a mind boggling 35.11 per cent. In one day alone i.e March 31 it sold an amazing 55,000 units.
The Dream Neo looks identical to the Yuga
Hero MotoCorp Ltd (HMCL), the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturer also posted its most successful year with record sales of 62,45,895 units. This is a 3 per cent increase over previous fiscal year's figure of 60,75,583 units.
Bajaj Auto did not post positive results as its sales fell from 37,57,105 units in the previous fiscal year to 34,22,416 units in this financial year, down 9 per cent.
Mahindra & Mahindra reported an 18 per cent drop in sales this fiscal year by selling a total of 229155 units which is almost 50,000 units less than last year's 279270 units.
2013 Mahindra in India
Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) posted an 83 per cent increase over the previous fiscal, selling 1,34,339 units this year as compared last year's 73,483 units.
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL) sold 10,53,689 units in the 2013-14 fiscal which is a 0.3 per cent increase over last fiscals figure of 10,51,046 units.
Audi India sold 10126 units in the 2013-14 fiscal, which is an increase of 8.2 per cent over the previous year's 9350 units. The German car maker has also recorded its best ever monthly sales figure of 1404 units in March 2014 and best ever quarterly sales figure of 2740 units, spanning a period from January to March this year.
Starts Rs 6.52 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57,165
Starts Rs 50,000
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsMcLaren Speedtail testing begins before 2020 deliveries
- NewsHonda Cars India could launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2023-2024
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...