Carberry Double Barrel 1000 Royal Enfield-based V-twin motorcycle launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
Carberry Motorcycles, custom Royal Enfield V-twin bike maker, has launched its first India made motorcycle, Carberry Double Barrel 1000 at Rs 7.35 lakh (ex-factory). Carberry Motorcycles had shifted operations to India in 2016 and begun work on a new 1,000cc Royal Enfield-based V-twin engine, which was launched earlier this year at an ex-factory (local taxes as applicable) price of Rs 4.96 lakh. At the time, in an exclusive chat with OVERDRIVE, Carberry Motorcycles India founder Jaspreet Singh Bhatia had said the motorcycle will feature a BS IV-compliant electronic fuel injection system as well as ABS. While the specifications have not been revealed yet, Carberry Motorcycles has stated on its social media page that the first batch of the Double Barrel 1000 will consist of 29 motorcycles, with a booking amount of Rs 1 lakh. Delivery of the Carberry Double Barrel 1000 could take between 5 and 10 months, it said.
The air-cooled, 55-degree V-twin engine displaces 1,000cc and outputs 52.92PS/82Nm. To handle this power and added load, it is underpinned by a custom double cradle chassis. The engine and motorcycle have been developed by Paul Carberry, who had founded the brand in Australia. He had been building Enfield-based custom twins in Australia until 2011. The brand was revived and brought to India in 2016 by Bhatia through Dream Engines Manufacturers (DEM).
Carberry will produce the engines and motorcycles at their India facility in Bhilai, Durg, Chhatisgarh, where they set up shop in February 2016. The builds will be carried out on a bench assembly line, with one technician building one motorcycle at a time. The company expects to produce 100 motorcycles by the end of 2018, with a large chunk of the sales expected to come from overseas.
Starts Rs 7,35,000
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign