Sedans coming to India in 2018 - Honda Accord, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios
Sedans have given way to SUVs, MUVs, and crossovers in terms of popularity in recent times, but the manufacturers are not going to give up on the segment. Top carmakers including Honda, Toyota, and Maruti Suzuki are lining up their executive offerings for the coming year and we expect things to pick up with their introduction.
Here are are the three sedans you can look forward to seeing in 2018:
Honda confirmed last November that six new models are headed to India over the next couple of years. Unlike its locally assembled rival, the Camry, the Accord hybrid comes to India via the completely built import route. Therefore we expect it to be one of the early entrants from the expected six.
Toyota will make a fresh start in the executive sedan space with the Vios. Popular in the Asia Pacific region, the Vios is also known as the Yaris sedan in certain markets and will be launched in India by mid-2018. Based on Toyota's B-platform, expect a choice of a 1.5l petrol and an India-exclusive 1.4l diesel option to compete with the City, Verna, and Ciaz.
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS