Sedans coming to India in 2018 - Honda Accord, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios
Sedans have given way to SUVs, MUVs, and crossovers in terms of popularity in recent times, but the manufacturers are not going to give up on the segment. Top carmakers including Honda, Toyota, and Maruti Suzuki are lining up their executive offerings for the coming year and we expect things to pick up with their introduction.
Here are are the three sedans you can look forward to seeing in 2018:
Honda confirmed last November that six new models are headed to India over the next couple of years. Unlike its locally assembled rival, the Camry, the Accord hybrid comes to India via the completely built import route. Therefore we expect it to be one of the early entrants from the expected six.
Toyota will make a fresh start in the executive sedan space with the Vios. Popular in the Asia Pacific region, the Vios is also known as the Yaris sedan in certain markets and will be launched in India by mid-2018. Based on Toyota's B-platform, expect a choice of a 1.5l petrol and an India-exclusive 1.4l diesel option to compete with the City, Verna, and Ciaz.
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- NewsTata looks for foreign partner to drive passenger car business
- NewsNissan Magnite SUV concept's interior design revealed, could feature an AMT
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R to be launched in India on August 11
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser compact SUV teased ahead of festive season debut
- NewsJuly 2020 sales: Honda 2Wheeler sold 3.09 lakh two-wheelers in India