CEAT to distribute Pirelli premium motorcycle tyres in India
Good news for riders of bigger displacement motorcycles. CEAT and Pirelli have announced today that the Italian tyre maker's tyres will be sold by the CEAT distribution network across India. The release (below) suggests that the CEAT dealers will be able to sell all of Pirelli's tyre range.
The Italian company is moving forward with this plan noting that the premium motorcycle market in India is growing in size and is expected to post over 16 per cent growth over the next five years. The tyres should go on sale in the first week of December at select CEAT dealerships. CEAT has currently not announced a plan of how, when and which dealers will offer premium tyres expanding Pirelli's reach.
CEAT, Pirelli Join Forces to Distribute Premium Motorcycle Tyres in India
|Mumbai, 2nd December 2015: CEAT and Pirelli today announced their exclusive partnership for distribution of Pirelli's global range of premium motorcycle tyres in the Indian market. This sole partnership will leverage CEAT's vast distribution and dealer network pan India. Riding on CEAT's ever-expanding network, Pirelli will offer its entire gamut of motorcycle tyres. This move comes in wake of a scenario, which has seen sales of premium bikes in the country pick up steam and is expected to grow up 16% for the next five years. Speaking on the occasion Mr. Anant Goenka, Managing Director, CEAT, said, "It gives us great pleasure to partner with global tyre major Pirelli to introduce their range of motorcycle tyres in India. We at CEAT have always believed in offering world-class products to our consumers and Pirelli range of premium tyres for specialised high end motorcycles is another step in that direction." Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Uberto Thun, Senior VP Pirelli Tyre, said, "We are very glad to partner with CEAT to bring our range of products in India. CEAT's vast experience of selling tyres in the market and their vast network make them the perfect partner to distribute and activate our products in the market. India has huge potential in premium and super sport motorcycle segment and we feel we can grow very fast with our premium products." The entire range of tyres will be available from the first week of December at select CEAT dealerships.|
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019