CEAT Tyres resumes production at Bhandup facility
CEAT Tyres has announced the resumption of production at their manufacturing plant in Bhandup, Mumbai. The plant was temporarily shut down for some time after a fire broke out in its raw material store on the evening of February 23, 2014. The fire was restricted to the material store and did not spread to the main manufacturing area. The fire incident did not claim any life and only one person suffered superficial burns and is getting treatment at the hospital. The hospital has said that he will be able to commence work in a week's time. The Bhandup unit manufactures farm, truck and OTR tyres and contributes nearly 30 per cent to CEAT's total manufacturing capacity.
The fire at CEAT factory
Apart from the Mumbai plant CEAT has two other manufacturing units located in Nashik and Gujarat. The unit at Nashik was making up for the loss of production which occurred due to the Mumbai fire.
Commenting on the situation, Anant Goenka, MD, CEAT Ltd. said, "We have resumed production at our Bhandup plant. Meanwhile, we are trying to find out the cause of the fire and will take corrective action so that such an incident doesn't reoccur. We stringently adhere to all safety measures and standards prescribed at all our manufacturing facilities and are always striving towards creating a better and safe work environment for our employees."
Image credit: Team-bhp.com
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar