Centre of Innovation and Technology is Hero MotoCorp's state-of-the-art research and development centre
Hero MotoCorp has just inaugurated its in-house research and development centre called the Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) in Jaipur, Rajasthan. This 247-acre campus was built with an investment of Rs 850 crore and features state-of-the-art technology to development." It also includes a 16-kilometre test track which has 45 different surfaces to simulate global and Indian road conditions. The Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) will serve as facility for new product designs, manufacturing prototypes and also for the testing and validation of new products. This facility has also been accredited with a Platinum rating from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for maintaining high ecological practices. These include constructing structures that maximise the use of natural lighting, using water and energy optimally and also using a hydroponic technique to grow vegetables for consumption in the cafeteria, on the three acre rooftop area.
"The CIT is the result of our bold vision to position Hero MotoCorp as the leading source of innovation and green technology. This facility is a giant stride in our relentless endeavour towards strengthening our in-house technology capabilities," said Pawan Munjal, chairman, MD and CEO of Hero MotoCorp.
Dr Markus Braunsperger, CTO, Hero MotoCorp
Dr Markus Braunsperger, the CTO of Hero MotoCorp, stated, "We will compete globally, attracting the best talent from India and across the world. The CIT will become a unique workplace for engineering talent in India, bringing our R&D Vision to life energising smart mobility technology."
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show