Centre of Innovation and Technology is Hero MotoCorp's state-of-the-art research and development centre
Hero MotoCorp has just inaugurated its in-house research and development centre called the Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) in Jaipur, Rajasthan. This 247-acre campus was built with an investment of Rs 850 crore and features state-of-the-art technology to development." It also includes a 16-kilometre test track which has 45 different surfaces to simulate global and Indian road conditions. The Centre of Innovation and Technology (CIT) will serve as facility for new product designs, manufacturing prototypes and also for the testing and validation of new products. This facility has also been accredited with a Platinum rating from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for maintaining high ecological practices. These include constructing structures that maximise the use of natural lighting, using water and energy optimally and also using a hydroponic technique to grow vegetables for consumption in the cafeteria, on the three acre rooftop area.
"The CIT is the result of our bold vision to position Hero MotoCorp as the leading source of innovation and green technology. This facility is a giant stride in our relentless endeavour towards strengthening our in-house technology capabilities," said Pawan Munjal, chairman, MD and CEO of Hero MotoCorp.
Dr Markus Braunsperger, CTO, Hero MotoCorp
Dr Markus Braunsperger, the CTO of Hero MotoCorp, stated, "We will compete globally, attracting the best talent from India and across the world. The CIT will become a unique workplace for engineering talent in India, bringing our R&D Vision to life energising smart mobility technology."
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa