AMW CFMoto Motorcycles: Who are they?
The company is one of the popular manufacturers in China that is into cost-effective motorcycles, all terrain vehicles, side-by-side utility vehicles, and powersports engines, parts, gears and accessories.
The company has developed 98 models of vehicles and has 51 models of engines that is distributed to over 1900 companies all around the world.
What makes this particular brand more important is the fact that it will be making KTM 790 Duke powered by parallel-twin LC8 engine for the Chinese market. Yes, the very motorcycle that we in India have been waiting for quite some time and is believed to launch next year.
The global portfolio of CF Moto consists of motorcycles ranging from 125cc, St Papio which is essentially a Honda Grom like mini motorcycle, 150NK, 250NK, 300NK for the entry-level range, 400cc GT, NK for a segment above that and the 650cc GT, MT and NK for the middleweight tourer and ADV segment which is presently the top of the line offering by the company.
The company also assembles KTM 200 and 390 Duke motorcycles for the Chinese market at its facility at Hangzhou. CF Moto is presently working on a large displacement 999cc V-twin motorcycle that will use the same engine of the KTM 990.
CF Moto has tied up with AMW Motorcycles in India where it's range of offerings will be locally assembled here. The details of which will be announced at the press event today. From what we understand, AMW Motorcycles (no connection with AMW Trucks) will operate similar to MotoRoyale and bring international brands in the country. However, it will not limit itself to premium-only offerings like MototRoyale but will cater to a larger set of audience.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we bring all the live updates from the launch venue in India.
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!