Charles Frump appointed as the new Managing Director at Volvo India
Volvo Cars made an announcement today of appointing Charles Frump as the new Managing Director at Volvo India. Charles takes over the new responsibility from Tom von Bonsdorff, who is headed back to Finland to pursue a new assignment within the Volvo Group, states the company. Taking care of the responsibility in the interim period was Jyoti Malhotra, director-Sales & Marketing, Volvo Auto India
Charles has been associated with the Swedish car brand for over eight years and has spent 17 years in the automotive industry. He has worked in a variety of markets which includes Japan, China, Sweden and the US. The company states that his experience in handling a fast emerging economy will hold him in good stead for spearheading the Volvo Cars entrenchment in the India luxury car segment.
Volvo Cars states that it has attained a volume growth of 32 per cent with new product launches, network expansion and other service initiatives. The company will soon be rolling out the first Made in India Volvo car, which we believe will be the recently unveiled Volvo XC40.
Volvo also added a new dealership, Krishna Auto Sales, in Ludhiana today making it the second in Punjab. The new dealership will be catering neighbouring cities like Jalandhar, Patiala and Bathinda. The 24,000 sq ft facility has a 9000 sq ft of showroom space and 15000 sq ft of service centre.
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions