Charles Frump appointed as the new Managing Director at Volvo India
Volvo Cars made an announcement today of appointing Charles Frump as the new Managing Director at Volvo India. Charles takes over the new responsibility from Tom von Bonsdorff, who is headed back to Finland to pursue a new assignment within the Volvo Group, states the company. Taking care of the responsibility in the interim period was Jyoti Malhotra, director-Sales & Marketing, Volvo Auto India
Charles has been associated with the Swedish car brand for over eight years and has spent 17 years in the automotive industry. He has worked in a variety of markets which includes Japan, China, Sweden and the US. The company states that his experience in handling a fast emerging economy will hold him in good stead for spearheading the Volvo Cars entrenchment in the India luxury car segment.
Volvo Cars states that it has attained a volume growth of 32 per cent with new product launches, network expansion and other service initiatives. The company will soon be rolling out the first Made in India Volvo car, which we believe will be the recently unveiled Volvo XC40.
Volvo also added a new dealership, Krishna Auto Sales, in Ludhiana today making it the second in Punjab. The new dealership will be catering neighbouring cities like Jalandhar, Patiala and Bathinda. The 24,000 sq ft facility has a 9000 sq ft of showroom space and 15000 sq ft of service centre.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block