Charles Frump appointed as the new Managing Director at Volvo India
Volvo Cars made an announcement today of appointing Charles Frump as the new Managing Director at Volvo India. Charles takes over the new responsibility from Tom von Bonsdorff, who is headed back to Finland to pursue a new assignment within the Volvo Group, states the company. Taking care of the responsibility in the interim period was Jyoti Malhotra, director-Sales & Marketing, Volvo Auto India
Charles has been associated with the Swedish car brand for over eight years and has spent 17 years in the automotive industry. He has worked in a variety of markets which includes Japan, China, Sweden and the US. The company states that his experience in handling a fast emerging economy will hold him in good stead for spearheading the Volvo Cars entrenchment in the India luxury car segment.
Volvo Cars states that it has attained a volume growth of 32 per cent with new product launches, network expansion and other service initiatives. The company will soon be rolling out the first Made in India Volvo car, which we believe will be the recently unveiled Volvo XC40.
Volvo also added a new dealership, Krishna Auto Sales, in Ludhiana today making it the second in Punjab. The new dealership will be catering neighbouring cities like Jalandhar, Patiala and Bathinda. The 24,000 sq ft facility has a 9000 sq ft of showroom space and 15000 sq ft of service centre.
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show