Chevrolet Beat Activ and Essentia to enter production
Chevrolet has announced that it will be manufacturing the Beat Activ as well as the Essentia. The Chevrolet Beat Activ and the Chevrolet Essentia were showcased as concepts at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Beat Activ is a 'soft-roader' version of the regular Beat with additional body cladding, while the Chevrolet Essentia is a sub-four metre sedan based on the same hatchback.
The Chevrolet Beat Activ as well as the Chevrolet Essentia are based on the M300 platform that underpins the current generation Beat. The exterior styling as well as the interior of the Essentia have been clearly inspired from the current generation Beat. Once launched, it will come equipped with Chevrolet's MyLink2 system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with dual airbags and ABS.
According to Kaher Kazem, president and managing director, GM India, "There was an overwhelming response from our Indian stakeholders to the Beat Activ when we revealed it at the Auto Expo in Delhi. As a soft-roader, the vehicle is ready for any adventure or challenge, while its interior ensures the driver remains comfortable and connected. These new Chevrolet vehicles clearly demonstrate we are listening to our customers and are being led by their desire for small cars with more content and choice. They were distinctly developed for the Indian market. However, there is no doubt they will have global appeal,"
"Chevrolet is focused on delivering to our Indian customers the safe, high-quality vehicles they want backed by the world-class customer experience they deserve. We have a strong plan to launch at least five new Chevrolet models within the space of 24 months, including the new Trailblazer, new Beat, Essentia, new Cruze and Beat Activ," he further added.
Additionally, Chevrolet has also stated that it has shelved plans of manufacturing the Spin MPV. However, the company has not cited a reason for the same in the official release.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review