China carmaker Chery could partner with Tata Motors for India entry
A news outlet has reported that one of China's prominent carmakers, Chery Automobile Co., has held detailed talks with Tata Motors about a possible partnership that will lead to the Chery's India debut. The exact nature of this partnership is still to be finalized, it could take the form of a joint venture, a retail sales tie-up or technology sharing deal.
This development comes at a time when Chinese carmakers, so far content with a strong local presence, have started to look at India for growth, even as the Chinese car market slows. The first such entrant will be SAIC with its MG Hector SUV, set to debut this week. Great Wall Motors has also conducted multiple studies and finalized a 2021-22 India debut.
A quote by Mint mentions, "Senior management of Tata Motors was in China this year and they did visit the facilities of Chery as well. A return visit by Chery's senior executives to India is also on the cards in the next few months. Most of the leading Chinese companies are looking at the Indian markets since the potential is huge and India is the only market projected to grow significantly in the long run."
Tata Motors already has a previous connection with Chery. It's premium arm, Jaguar Land Rover partners with Chery for its Chinese operations.
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- News2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF facelift launched in India for Rs 1.09 Lakh
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip