Citroen C5 Aircross SUV launch postponed to early 2021
French carmaker Groupe PSA has decided to postpone the launch of its first product for India, the Citroen C5 Aircross. The Compass-rivalling SUV was slated for a debut late in 2020, but the COVID-19 pandemic's economic repercussions have driven the Citroen to this move.
"While reiterating its commitment to India, given the current scenario where people at large are concerned about their personal well-being and health and automotive purchase is not a priority, Groupe PSA in India in close co-ordination with its new dealer partners has decided to re-time the launch of its debut vehicle Citroen C5 Aircross SUV to Q1 2021, while ensuring industrial readiness," the company said.
The company clarified that this doesn't affect its other planned products for India. The carmaker will launch two more models here over the next three years. The first of these is the smaller C3 Aircross SUV and another model developed from the ground up in India, through its C-Cubed program.
The Citroen brand is well on its way to being established in India, the company has set up a JV with the CK Birla Group to set up manufacturing facilities and has put in place its financial arm. In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the company has shut its offices and plants in keeping with social distancing guidelines.
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block