CKD-assembled Suzuki Hayabusa now priced at Rs 13.57 lakh in India
We were the first ones to report that Suzuki Motorcycles India was going to assemble its flagship hyper tourer, the Hayabusa. Now, an official release from the company says that they have started CKD assembly of the Hayabusa. Prices, like we expected, have gone down by approximately Rs 2 lakh- the Hayabusa is now priced at Rs 13.57 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Suzuki has started assembling the motorcycle at their Gurgaon facility, with kits being imported from Japan. There are no changes in the specification of the motorcycle- it still runs a 197PS/154Nm 1,340cc four-cylinder engine. Suzuki says that quality levels are also the same as the CBU motorcycles.
The assembly of the Suzuki Hayabusa is being done at a new line and not the same one that was used for the Inazuma. The company has invested heavily into this new assembly line. It is likely that other CBU products from the manufacturer will also toe the CKD line soon. The Hayabusa's main rival, the Kawasaki ZX-14R retails for around Rs 18.5lakh on-road.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally