CKD-assembled Suzuki Hayabusa now priced at Rs 13.57 lakh in India
We were the first ones to report that Suzuki Motorcycles India was going to assemble its flagship hyper tourer, the Hayabusa. Now, an official release from the company says that they have started CKD assembly of the Hayabusa. Prices, like we expected, have gone down by approximately Rs 2 lakh- the Hayabusa is now priced at Rs 13.57 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Suzuki has started assembling the motorcycle at their Gurgaon facility, with kits being imported from Japan. There are no changes in the specification of the motorcycle- it still runs a 197PS/154Nm 1,340cc four-cylinder engine. Suzuki says that quality levels are also the same as the CBU motorcycles.
The assembly of the Suzuki Hayabusa is being done at a new line and not the same one that was used for the Inazuma. The company has invested heavily into this new assembly line. It is likely that other CBU products from the manufacturer will also toe the CKD line soon. The Hayabusa's main rival, the Kawasaki ZX-14R retails for around Rs 18.5lakh on-road.
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range