CKD-assembled Suzuki Hayabusa now priced at Rs 13.57 lakh in India
We were the first ones to report that Suzuki Motorcycles India was going to assemble its flagship hyper tourer, the Hayabusa. Now, an official release from the company says that they have started CKD assembly of the Hayabusa. Prices, like we expected, have gone down by approximately Rs 2 lakh- the Hayabusa is now priced at Rs 13.57 lakh, ex-Delhi.
Suzuki has started assembling the motorcycle at their Gurgaon facility, with kits being imported from Japan. There are no changes in the specification of the motorcycle- it still runs a 197PS/154Nm 1,340cc four-cylinder engine. Suzuki says that quality levels are also the same as the CBU motorcycles.
The assembly of the Suzuki Hayabusa is being done at a new line and not the same one that was used for the Inazuma. The company has invested heavily into this new assembly line. It is likely that other CBU products from the manufacturer will also toe the CKD line soon. The Hayabusa's main rival, the Kawasaki ZX-14R retails for around Rs 18.5lakh on-road.
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- News2020 Audi Q5 SUV mid-cycle facelift spotted testing
- NewsKia Motors looking to expand sales network to 300 touchpoints by mid-2020
- FeaturesProduct review: SCOTT 350 Evo Plus helmet and Moto Hustle MX goggle
- NewsFord unveils Mustang Mach-E electric crossover, with 480km of driving range and up to 459PS of power
- NewsChinese carmaker Changan Automobiles preparing for India entry