Classic and vintage cars exempted permanently from 15-year old car ban in Delhi-NCR
In a major relief to connoisseurs and collectors, the NGT or National Green Tribunal has exempted vintage and classic cars permanently from its ban on automobiles older than 15-years in the Delhi-NCR region. Readers might recall that the NGT had banned older vehicles from plying in the region in November 2014 given hazardous levels of air pollution. The ban had affected vintage and classic cars as well, considered a heritage by the many vintage and classic car collectors in the Delhi-NCR region. Efforts were on since then to get these cars exempted from the rule considering their historical and sentimental value.
The NGT has exempt vintage cars like these permanently from its ban on vehicles older than 15-years old in the Delhi-NCR region
The NGT has referred to rule 92 (2) (c) of the CMVR (Central Motor Vehicles Rules) 1989 and section 59 of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 that exempts automobiles categorised as vintage. Automobiles that meet the norms specified to be categorised as vintage or classic will thus be exempt from the 15-year old car ban and can be driven on public roads for showcasing in rallies, exhibitions and when being moved for maintenance as well. The Delhi-NCR region alone is home to thousands of vintage and classic cars, motorcycles and trucks and the exemption is the result of a plea filed by the Heritage Motoring Club of India. The bench granting the relief has also ruled that owners of such automobiles will make contributions towards improving the quality of air in the Delhi-NCR region and also plant trees.
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out