CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Audi S5 is the Import Car of the Year
The Audi S5 Sportback successfully bagged the Import Car of the Year award at the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016 after fighting it out against the likes of Volvo V40, Fiat 595 Abarth Competizione, Maserati Quattroporte and Audi TT 45 TSI Coupe. The strong reason for the Audi S5 Sportback to win this award is the fact that it combines practicality with a fun to drive feel.
The performance bit of the Audi S5 is indeed its highlight as the 3.0-litre V6 TFSI engine churns out a great deal of power at 333PS and generates a massive torque of 440Nm. It can reach triple digit speeds from a standstill at a mind blowing 5.1 seconds. With that kind of performance, one can't expect great fuel efficiency but contrary to the clichéd image of performance cars, the Audi S5 can deliver up to 12kmpl on highway and 10.5kmpl in the city, as tested in our review. Also, the other aspect which worked strongly for the Audi S5 is its extremely practical pricing. At Rs 60+ lakh, the Audi S5 has no rivals.
The 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.5 Crore
Starts Rs 26.04 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000