CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: BMW i8 wins Technology of the Year
The i8 has been a revolution of sorts. It is the first sportscar to use comprehensive hybrid technology not just in the effort to be environmentally conscious but also to create a sense of excitement for the driver. It may pack a small 3-cylinder petrol engine but don't let that fool you. Electric motors help boost the engine's already impressive 221PS to a total of 362PS. Combine that with a breathtaking, space-age design and the i8 becomes a very special car indeed. BMW's bold decision to use fuel saving hybrid technology as a performance booster is an award winning move.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well the machines suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 2.62 Crore
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing