CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Ducati Scrambler wins Import Motorcycle of the Year
The Ducati Scrambler may be the entry point into Ducati ownership but it's a terrific motorcycle in its own right. Small and nimble, the Ducati Scrambler packs a powerful air/oil-cooled V twin motor and a capable chassis that is as happy on smooth roads as it is on dirt trails. The Scrambler appeals with it's versatility. It can be an absolute weapon in traffic but as we found out in our anniversary issue it is equally at home when we're tearing it up in the harsh environment of Ladakh. One for the enthusiast, the Scrambler is a motorcycle that will never cease to entertain and its relative affordability certainly beckons!
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
See other nominations for the Import Motorcycle of the Year 2016 category here.
Starts Rs 7,27,000
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review