CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Ford Figo Aspire is Compact Car of the Year
Ford India has made a strong return statement with the new Figo Aspire. It may be Ford's first compact sedan, but it has widely been rated a segment best. It runs a strong and surprisingly efficient 1.5-litre diesel engine that makes a good 100PS of power and 215Nm of torque and is also offered with the choice of a dual-clutch automatic on the petrol engine.
But these aren't the car's only strong points. The Figo Aspire also offers an attractive design scheme on the outside and a neatly trimmed premium looking interior. To add to that, Ford offers six airbags as a safety feature which is a segment first. What makes it our Compact Car of the Year is that this whole package is offered at a reasonable price.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/riderinvolvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000