CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Hyundai Creta is SUV of the Year
The brand new Creta certainly did a good job of impressing us with the way it combines form and function. The Creta is quite the looker with its commanding presence and the edgy design theme. It has a neatly designed cabin and gets all the necessary goodies you would expect from a premium SUV. The 128PS 1.6-litre engine is quite a charmer with its linear power delivery while efficiency stands at an impressive 16kmpl.
Apart from that, the Creta further scores brownie points thanks to the balanced driving characteristics. Its only competition in the SUV of the Year category was the Mahindra TUV300 but the Creta takes the cake because it is more of a complete package.
The 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture