CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Land Rover Discovery Sport is Luxury SUV of the Year
The Discovery Sport is a Land Rover that offers the design theme of its bigger Range Rover siblings but at a much more affordable price, making it a sure shot recipe for success. The Discovery Sport gets a very refined and likeable 2.2-litre diesel engine available in either a 150PS or 190PS guise. Both options are mated to a smooth 9-speed gearbox with a torque converter unit.
The Discovery Sport is quite a practical SUV too with the option of seven seats and good fuel efficiency. Factor in the high levels of luxury, capable off-road performance and good on-road dynamics and you have a convincing winner.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Click here to see the other nominees in the Luxury SUV of the Year category.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000