CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Maruti Suzuki Baleno is the Viewers' Choice Car of the Year
The new Baleno signals a strong engineering effort from Maruti Suzuki and has already proven to be a segment-best in our tests. The new lightweight platform, unique styling and extensive feature list make the Baleno a car that simply cannot be ignored.
Maruti made the Baleno's case even stronger with very competitive pricing. With the Baleno, Maruti has become the manufacturer who offers the most features in a segment and also shows the company's commitment to safety. The Baleno offers ABS and airbags as standard no matter the trim or engine. That's a huge step and something other manufacturers need to follow suit with.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
See other nominations in this category here.
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsMcLaren Speedtail testing begins before 2020 deliveries
- NewsHonda Cars India could launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2023-2024
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...