CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Mercedes-AMG C 63 S wins Performance Car of the year
The new C-Class in itself is a fantastic machine, but the Mercedes-AMG C 63 S takes it to another level. Its new twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine is a masterpiece that produces 510PS of power and 700Nm of torque and a growl that makes you go weak in the knees.
But this engine isn't all about performance, but practicality too, as Mercedes-Benz claims an impressive fuel efficiency of 11.9kmpl from the C 63 S. All this is matched perfectly with a beautifully balanced chassis. This means the C 63 S offers unparalleled driver thrills with the usability of a sedan form factor. We love it!
The nominees for the 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driving/riding involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
See the other nominations in the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Performance Car of the Year 2016 category here.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000