CNBC-TV18 Overdrive Awards 2016: Nominees for Luxury SUV of the Year
While the Hyundai Creta and Mahindra TUV300 slug it out for the OVERDRIVE SUV of the year award another battle rages considerably higher in the price spectrum. The OVERDRIVE Luxury SUV of the year award has no restrictions on the cost of the machine as long as it has been manufactured or assembled locally.
In this category we have three contenders starting with the brand new Land Rover Discovery Sport. This new off-roader appeals with shape inspired by its much more expensive Range Rover siblings. Throw in the option of seven seats and some proper off-road ability compared with the competition and you have a serious challenger.
Mercedes hits back at the Discovery Sport with the GLE which is a thoroughly refreshed ML-Class that gets a new face and a 9-speed automatic gearbox. Not to be left out, BMW challenges with the new X6 that features revised styling and stronger engines.
The Luxury SUV of the Year category will be judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driving involvement. A car has to put a smile on its driver's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
The CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016 ceremony will be held on December 9, 2015. Stay tuned to know what we think are the best cars and bikes of the year.
See nominations in the other categories for the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019