CNBC-TV18 Overdrive Awards 2016: Nominees for SUV of the Year
Ah, don't we just love this segment. There hasn't been too much action here this year but we still have two very important vehicles vying for the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE SUV of the Year title. The Hyundai Creta was the first new SUV this year and it made waves across the industry. the Creta is on the expensive side of things but it offers luxury, practicality, strong performance and is a good looking vehicle.
At the more affordable end of the spectrum is Mahindra's 'built like a tank' TUV300. The TUV benefits from its sub-4m footprint and three-cylinder diesel motor that allow it to be priced quite competitively. The TUV's squared off and butch design looks quite good in the flesh and helps the vehicle look bigger than its size might suggest. The cabin is also surprisingly spacious. So is it the TUV's value for money or the Creta's power and luxury that appeal more? We'll have the answer soon enough.
The SUV of the Year category will be judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driving involvement. A car has to put a smile on its driver's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
The CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016 ceremony will be held on December 9, 2015. Stay tuned to know what we think are the best cars and bikes of the year.
See nominations in the other categories for the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks