CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Suzuki GSX-S1000 wins Performance Bike of the Year
Suzuki's new litre-naked packs a monstrous engine that provides eye-opening, exhilarating performance. The litre-engine is a reworked version of the motor from the GSX-R1000 K5, a motorcycle already considered among the modern greats. The engine feels borrowed off a race bike and is super responsive, almost intimidatingly powerful and makes a fantastic sound. ABS and traction control are welcome features to keep everything under control. The brand new chassis is also highly impressive and the whole bike feels smaller and easier to ride than expected from such a powerful machine. Fantastic engineering and a huge penchant for speed make this our Performance Bike of the Year (To know more, read our first ride review of the the Suzuki GSX-S1000).
The nominees for the 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driving/riding involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
See the other nominees in the Performance Bike of the Year category here. Stay tuned for more updates on other categories of the CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016 included Car and Bike of the Year.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000