CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Volvo XC90 wins Import SUV of the Year
The XC90 is a huge leap forward for Volvo. The new flagship SUV offers stunning style, a beautifully crafted cabin with rich materials and new levels of luxury and feel-good factor in the segment. Volvo has done away with the older 5-cylinder diesel engine and instead offers the XC90 with a very likeable 2.0-litre twin turbocharged diesel that makes 225PS of power and 470Nm of torque.
The XC90 is also packed to the gills with advanced safety systems and technology such as Sensus, Volvo's new in-car OS, which gives you control over every aspect of the car. This new Volvo is a fantastic vehicle and a worthy winner (To know more, see our road test review of the Volvo XC90).
The 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driving/riding involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 77.41 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review