CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Volvo XC90 wins Import SUV of the Year
The XC90 is a huge leap forward for Volvo. The new flagship SUV offers stunning style, a beautifully crafted cabin with rich materials and new levels of luxury and feel-good factor in the segment. Volvo has done away with the older 5-cylinder diesel engine and instead offers the XC90 with a very likeable 2.0-litre twin turbocharged diesel that makes 225PS of power and 470Nm of torque.
The XC90 is also packed to the gills with advanced safety systems and technology such as Sensus, Volvo's new in-car OS, which gives you control over every aspect of the car. This new Volvo is a fantastic vehicle and a worthy winner (To know more, see our road test review of the Volvo XC90).
The 2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driving/riding involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 80.9 Lakhs
- News2019 Mercedes Benz GLC Coupe unveiled - India bound?
- NewsToyota will borrow Maruti Suzuki's platform to produce their version of the Ertiga
- Review2019 BMW F 750 GS first ride review
- NewsPower parts and other accessories for the KTM 790 Duke
- NewsBenelli India receives 150 bookings for TRK 502 and TRK 502X