CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2016: Yamaha YZF-R3 is Motorcycle of the Year
We loved it from the first time we rode it and the feeling's increased every time we've ridden it since. The new Yamaha R3 impresses on every ground. It's a great looking motorcycle and feels very well put together with quality levels unseen in the segment.
But those aren't the reason why it's our Bike of the Year. No, that would be down to the performance from its powerful but beautifully refined parallel twin engine and the dialed in chassis. It's a motorcycle that can peacefully potter around town all day or tear it up on a racetrack. It's one of the nicest bikes we've ridden all year.
The 2016 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Awards were judged by a panel of experts on a range of criteria (read more about our judging methodology here) including how well they suit the role, value for the money they demand and also how involving they are to drive. No matter the category, we at OVERDRIVE value driver/rider involvement. A vehicle has to put a smile on its pilot's face, no matter the power or price and that's definitely one of the criteria in our judging process.
Starts Rs 3,48,000
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000