Comparison: 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport BeeRacing edition vs India-spec Maruti Suzuki Swift
Maruti Suzuki took the 2018 Auto Expo as a platform to launch the new-gen Swift in India. The prices for the same start at Rs 4.99 lakh for the petrol and Rs 5.99 lakh for the diesel, making it about 5 percent more premium over the previous-gen model. The changes that the new Swift gets over the previous is a new design and additional features. However, the hatch is now based on a lighter and a more efficient platform. The new-gen Suzuki Swift will soon be launched in Italy. And the company has now introduced a Swift Sport BeeRacing edition exclusively for the Italian market. Here is a look at what makes it different from the Maruti Suzuki Swift sold in India.
The Swift Sport BeeRacing Editoon looks a lot more sporty compared to the regular version
The 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport BeeRacing edition gets a dual-tone paint scheme in Champion Yellow and Dubai Black Metallic along with racing stripes. The new Swift sold in India is available in six shades, namely prime lucent orange, midnight blue, pearl metallic arctic white, fire red, silky silver and magma grey. The Swift Sport also gets a large-opening honeycomb grille front grille and an aggressively styled front bumper compared to the model sold in India. The other bits that the Swift Sport BeeRacing edition gets 17-inch alloy wheels two-tone alloys. The Maruti Suzuki Swift runs on 15-inch tyres with diamond cut alloys. Also, the BeeRacing edition comes with dual exhaust tips, semi bucket seats with integrated headrests, sporty pedals and contrasting red stitching.
The main different is the powertrain that is offered on the 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport BeeRacing edition. Being essentially a Swift Sport, the hatch is powered by a 1.4L Boosterjet turbocharged petrol engine that makes 140PS and generates 230Nm of torque, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The hot hatch has a claimed 0 to 100kmph acceleration of 8.1s and a top speed of 210kmph. The 1.2-litre petrol unit in the India-sped model churns out 84PS/113Nm.
The bright yellow shade along with the dual exhaust pipes makes the Swift Sport more appealing than the regular
The made for Italy 2018 Suzuki Swift Sport BeeRacing edition is available only through online bookings. Would you like the Swift Sport to launch in India, let us know in the comment section below.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India