Confirmed: Dakar 2020 will be held in Saudi Arabia
The 2020 Dakar Rally will be held in Saudi Arabia. The rumours which surfaced two weeks ago, have now been confirmed by the Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO).
The Dakar has been held in South America since it moved away from the African continent in 2009.
The agreement that the ASO has signed with Saudi Arabia is meant to be a five-year deal. The move to Saudi Arabia comes after the 2019 edition of the Dakar was held entirely in Peru, the first time that the Dakar has been held entirely in one country. The situation arose after Bolivia and Chile withdrew from the rally.
It is also being reported that Saudi Arabia has 1.4 million square miles of desert sands for the event. More details for the 2020 edition of the Dakar will be revealed in a press conference in Al-Qiddiya on the 25th of April, 2019.
- NewsBSVI compliant Mercedes-Benz E Class-long wheelbase launched in India - prices start Rs 57.50 lakh
- News2019 Mahindra Bolero spotted with safety upgrades
- NewsImage Gallery: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched for Rs 1.70 lakh in India
- NewsBreaking - Suzuki Gixxer 250 naked motorcycle coming to India in third quarter of 2019
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip