Confirmed: Hyundai Creta SUV facelift to be launched in India on May 21
Hyundai India will be launching the refreshed Creta SUV on May 21, 2018. There have been various instances when the SUV was caught testing and also reaching dealerships. Hyundai will be announcing prices of the 2018 Creta on May 21. Hyundai dealerships have already started accepting bookings for the SUV in India. We believe the deliveries of the same will start by the end of this month. The facelifted Hyundai Creta will feature cosmetic updates only and will retain the mechanicals from the previous model.
The changes in the design of the Hyundai Creta make it look upmarket (Image source: Motoroids)
The new Creta gets a larger chrome trimmed hexagonal front grille. The front bumper now has new fog lamp housings and a pronounced chin which merges into the front grille. The rear bumpers have also been redesigned while the taillamps have also received a subtle tweak. New 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels replace the existing design. The is carried over from the previous car with the only change being the addition of the smoother, grey-themed infotainment system from the new Elite i20. Here is a look at the different variants of the upcoming Hyundai
The facelifted Creta's powertrain options will remain unchanged with the 1.4 diesel(90PS, 220 Nm), 1.6 diesel(128PS, 220Nm) and 1.6 petrol(123PS, 151Nm) being carried over. These will be mated to the 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The changes done to the rear of the 2018 Hyundai Creta are too minimalistic (Image source: Motoroids)
The Hyundai Creta has been a strong seller for Hyundai since its launch three years ago and with this update, Hyundai hopes to sustain its momentum in this segment. Its present competition includes the likes of the Jeep Compass, Renault Captur, Tata Hexa and Mahindra XUV500 with numerous new entrants expected in the next couple of years.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.57 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000