Confirmed: KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India on September 23
The launch of the KTM 790 Duke, one of the most anticipated motorcycles, has been confirmed for India. After spy shots of the KTM 790 Duke made the rounds on the internet, KTM will be launching the street naked, nicknamed 'Scalpel', on September 23. The bookings for the same have commenced for a token of Rs 30,000.
Last month, a unit of the 790 Duke was spotted in Bangalore with an India spec saree guard which hinted at an India launch. Last month, OVERDRIVE reported that KTM already has 150 units of the 790 Duke that comply with the ongoing BSIV norms and plans to clear the stock before the stringent BSVI norms kick in by April 2020. However, if received with a warm welcome, the BSVI compliant 790 Duke could be launched by end 2020.
The KTM 790 Duke has been brought to India via CKD (completely knocked down) route and is being assembled at Kawasaki's assembly line in Bajaj's Akurdi plant. The price is expected to be between Rs 8-9 lakh ex-showroom India, that could translate to a price of Rs 10.34 lakh (approx) on-road price.
Powering the middleweight 790 Duke is the newly developed 799cc LC8 liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine that produces 106PS and 87Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed gearbox with a two-way quickshifter. Along with a two-way quickshifter, the motorcycle gets four riding modes - Sport, Street, Rain and Track.
The chassis uses the engine as a stressed member and the bike gets a 43mm WP upside-down fork in the front and a WP monoshock absorber at the rear. The bike gets a twin disc set-up in the front with 300mm disc with radially mounted 4-piston callipers. For the rear wheel, the bike gets a 240mm disc with a single-piston floating calliper.
Also see: 2019 KTM 790 Duke | First Look
Also Watch: 2020 KTM Duke 790 | Road Test
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- NewsMG Hector Plus bookings open in India, specifications and features revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block