Coronavirus impact: Bajaj extends service and warranty period amid lockdown
Bajaj has announced an extension of its service and warranty period for all its two-wheelers and commercial vehicles because of the nationwide lockdown in the fight against Coronavirus. Vehicles with warranty and free service period expiring between March 20 and April 30, will now get an extension until May 31, 2020.
Also, owners who have the first, second or third free service for their vehicles due by April 30, will get an extension of two months. The same goes for any vehicle with its warranty expiring between March and April, vehicle owners will get an extension of two months and this extension will be followed by dealerships across the country.
Rakesh Sharma at Bajaj Auto said, "In view of the current situation of a mandated lockdown owing to COVID-19, Bajaj Auto has decided to extend its service and warranty period of all its vehicles. While social distancing in such troubled times is our collective responsibility, we want to ensure that our customers do not face any hurdles as they will not be able to avail our services for the interim period."
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- NewsVirtual 24 Hours of Le Mans to be held in June, participation from top teams confirmed
- NewsBattRE launches the gps:ie at Rs 64,990
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!