Coronavirus impact: Hero MotoCorp steps up virus battle, contributes 60 bike ambulances
Hero MotoCorp donates 60 bike ambulances to help battle the Coronavirus pandemic. The bike ambulance is based on the Hero Xtreme 200R and it has been modified with a sidecar feature. The sidecar has a set of wheels with a swingarm and two shock absorbers that will help in a smooth ride for the patients. As the image shows, the patients can be placed flat on the bed.
It also has emergency lights and siren to help with its purpose. The company has already contributed Rs 100 crore to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and half the amount has already been credited to the PM CARES Fund. The bike ambulance is best suited for the rural areas where public transport or basic transport is scarce and patients need to be moved to the hospital immediately. Hero Xtreme 200R is best for the job with its 199.6cc engine that pushes 18PS of power and 17 Nm of torque.
The automotive industry is leading by example in terms of contributing and lending a helping hand in fighting the novel Coronavirus. Many manufacturers are using their plants to make masks and other safety equipments. Others are trying to import testing kits and ventilators along with providing food for the less fortunate during these unprecedented times.
Starts Rs 91,900
- NewsRadically-styled 2021 BMW M3 and M4 revealed
- OpinionNew Mahindra Thar Has Got Great Response, But Has It Missed A Trick Or Two?
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser price comparison vs Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300 and Ford EcoSport
- News2020 Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe SUV launched in India at Rs 1.2 crore
- NewsLive Updates: Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 India launch