Coronavirus impact: Jawa and Forty Two deliveries delayed
The country is now experiencing a 21-day lockdown to curtail the spread of the Coronavirus and this has resulted in the shutdown of manufacturing plants and halt of production. Classic Legends Private Limited announced that the delivery of Jawa and Forty-Two will be delayed due to production obstacles caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Not just India, but international countries are also facing a crippling effect on the production of parts and supply chain logistics. The bike maker also stated that the deliveries of Jawa Perak will be delayed, the deliveries were supposed to begin by 2nd April 2020.
The lockdown of factories in India as well as abroad because of Coronavirus has severely affected their production at the Pithampur plant. The company stated that it had very little inventory of parts and the demand for the Jawa and Forty Two was too high.
Parts such as Nikasil coating and LCD panel was imported from Chinese vendors and since there is a lockdown across the country, it will be difficult to make any progress for the bike maker in any manner possible, let alone deliver the bikes.
Classic Legends also announced that they have received new production schedules and that is because of no new cases are being reported of the Coronavirus and in the near future situation is expected to get better.
A foreseeable increase in production is possible as the bike maker stated that it will be producing 10,000 bikes a month, once everything is back in order with distribution and production unhindered. And this will also decrease the waiting time for bikes.
- NewsBYD unveils its fire and explosion resistant Blade battery
- NewsSpec Comparo: 2020 Hyundai Verna vs Honda City vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Validity of driving license and other documents extended until 30th June
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hero Group to contribute Rs.100 Crore towards Covid-19 relief
- FeaturesReliving Ashish Raorane's 2020 Africa Eco Race adventure
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055