Coronavirus impact: Kalyani group of companies contributes Rs 25 crore to fight pandemic
Kalyani group of companies announced that they will contribute an amount of Rs 25 crore collectively to the Prime Minister's Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PMCARES Fund) to battle the Coronavirus pandemic. Bharat Forge is the flagship company that comes under Kalyani group of companies along with other companies like Kalyani Steel, Saaloha Advanced Pvt Ltd, Automotive Axles and Hikal Ltd.
Bharat Forge's R&D team has been trying to find out means to cope up with the shortage of medical equipment such as ventilators, respiratory equipment, hygiene equipment and sanitation equipment.
The company is also catering to the food requirement of local communities as a part of its CSR activity and a better impact can be expected from the company in the near future.
Baba Kalyani, chairman of Bharat Forge said, "The group is committed to assist the central and state government and the local authorities in all possible ways to deal with the pandemic. We are also using our group R&D facilities to look at ways of easing the shortage of critical medical equipment's including ventilators, respiratory equipment and other sanitation/hygiene equipment. As part of our CSR activity, we have started addressing the food requirements of the local community and will increase the efforts in the coming days."
- NewsSpec Comparo: Skoda Karoq vs Jeep Compass vs Volkswagen T-Roc
- FeaturesSir Stirling Moss tribute: The last of the Titans
- News2020 BMW 5 Series facelift revealed
- NewsOla Electric acquires EV maker Etergo, likely to bring AppScooter to India in 2021
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 online bookings commence in India, launch in June 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!