Coronavirus impact: Kia Motors India shuts Anantpur manufacturing facility
With state governments taking stringent steps to limit the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic, auto manufacturers have also toed the line and shut operations. After Hyundai India shut operations at its Chennai plant yestaerday, group company Kia Motors India has now followed suit. Kia Motors India has decided to shut all operations with immediate effect.
This means that the brand's Anantpur manufacturing facility in Andhra Pradesh and company office premises have stopped functioning until further notice. However, dealerships remain on call and will be available to address customers requirement via online channels. Kia also promises that deliveries will not be delayed and service requirements will also be attended to, while taking strong safety precautions.
Kia Motors India assures that it is closely monitoring the situation and is taking into consideration the best interests of all stackholders in its India operations. The company remains in touch with all concerned authorities and is ready to extend all possible co-operation as and when required.
Other carmakers who have also shut operations are Maruti Suzuki, Toyota Kirloskar, Honda India, FCA, Renault Nissan, among others
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block