Coronavirus impact: Piaggio donates over 11,000 ration kits to auto driver families
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd has distributed over 11,000 ration kits to auto drivers and each kit can feed a family for two months. The kits consisted of face masks, soaps, sanitisers and dry ration for the average requirement of a family with four members. Piaggio also distributed similar ration kits in April to around 1000 migrant workers in Pune and Baramati.
The company provided PPE and also installed a sanitisation infrastructure at Pune's Sassoon Government hospital. It also developed an isolation centre at Baramati Government Hospital. The company has also considered the existing owners of their products and extended the warranty and free service period by two months, this helped all those customers who could not avail these services because of the lockdown.
Diego Graffi, MD and CEO of Piaggio Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. said, "In these exceptionally difficult times we stand with the auto driver & transport worker community to provide our relentless support. They are facing difficulties in this unprecedented COVID-19 situation. We had earlier announced an extension of the warranty for all our 3-wheeler customers and have now decided to support the most needy households of this community by taking care of their basic food security for a period of 2 months. Our dealers are also partnering with us and supporting us voluntarily in this distribution to reach out to the underprivileged drivers & their families. This is an unparalleled crisis that needs cooperation and support from all of us as a community and as a socially responsible organisation we are going to keep doing the best we can do for the driver community".
- NewsToyota halts production at Bidadi plant till July 22, 2020, adheres to Karnataka Govt. guidelines
- NewsMahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
- News2020 Honda City: Variants and prices explained
- News2020 Honda City launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.90 lakh
- Review2020 MG Hector Plus road test review
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block