Coronavirus impact: Rapido joins Delhi and Karnataka government to help the needy
Rapido has partnered with Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike's (BBMP) COVID-19 home deliver helpline as a delivery partner to help with the supply-chain obstacles during the Coronavirus caused nationwide lockdown. The immediate lockdown has restricted essential supplies for the country's population and this initiative by Rapido certainly helps in the present situation. The company is also supporting the Delhi government in delivering basic necessities that include milk and food packets to underprivileged areas under the DCPC Node.
A statement released by the company on its initiative - "Rapido is proud to collaborate with BBMP's COVID-19 Home Delivery Helpline as a delivery service partner in a move to resolve supply-chain challenges amidst lockdown. Rapido's delivery vertical is equipped with a strong fleet of Captains (driver-partners) per day to facilitate the delivery of essential supplies from over 16,000 local groceries and medical stores to citizens across the city. The orders can be placed by simply calling or dropping a WhatsApp on the Helpline Number 080-61914960.
Additionally, we are supporting the Delhi Government in delivering essential items like milk and food packets, under the DCPC Node, in underprivileged areas of East Delhi. Currently, we are serving 100 families in a day with the help of our brave and resilient Captains in the city. We are working with the Delhi Government to extend this service to cover South, North and West Delhi as well.
We thank the Karnataka and Delhi Governments for this opportunity to collaborate with them in helping the citizens with their daily essentials needs and encouraging the citizens to #StayHomeStaySafe."
- NewsBMW Motorrad's GS model is now 40 years old, 1.2 million units sold till date
- NewsJawa India celebrates 18th International Jawa Day
- NewsIndian-owned 1933 Minerva Type AL wins first place at global Concours Virtual 2020
- News2020 Hyundai Tucson facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 22.3 lakh
- NewsAll you need to know: The 2021 Ford Bronco
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block